October 21st, 2008
Got a holiday planned with the boys and all they seem to be bragging about are their out-of-this-world golfing skills? Not to worry! Gotravel24 speaks to a golf trainer who gives us some top tips for your day on the green.
Golfing can be very relaxing but if you don’t know what you are doing, you’ll probably end up beating someone with your club instead of sailing that golf ball away.
If you are planning a trip away that includes a round or two on the golf course, a great place to consider would be Greenway Woods in Mpumalanga. This leisure resort is in a world of its own tucked away near the Lowveld and not only is it in a stunning location but it also boasts superb cuisine and accommodation fit for a king. A golf king that is…
Guests at the Greenway Woods Resort get to experience the eighteen-hole golf course at the White River Country Club. White River is one of the top courses in Mpumalanga set in the midst of the panorama woodlands.
The layout provides many a great risk and reward holes. The greens were replanted and opened in March 2008 and in addition, the fairways, with its constant irrigation, certainly measure up. With all these great perks, there is nothing stopping you from having a round or two or three…
Now before you start booking your ticket we promised you some tips so here they are courtesy of White River Country Club resident golf expert Trevor John.
• Know your rules.
• Understand the etiquette of the game.
• Have a lesson from you local PGA pro, particularly when starting the game and thereafter on an annual basis irrespective of your playing ability.
• Set yourself goals and work to achieve them.
• Set aside time for practice, on a regular basis, particularly the short game.
• Remember even the top professionals do not get it right every time.
• Play the game for the enjoyment and fellowship it affords, you will never conquer it.
• Courtesy is the cornerstone of the game.
Remember, Golf is a gentlemen’s game... Keep it that way! Have Fun!