April 23rd, 2012
Two leading aviation service providers are set to combine forces to offer the market a more competitive air travel offering.
Bateleur Air Charter, renowned for its VIP air charter service will be merging with Federal Airlines (Pty) Ltd. Federal Air, who has led the market for more than 20 years with their Air Shuttle and Scheduled services, is excited to welcome Bateleur into their stable.
"We both serve sectors of the market that we love and know intimately well - our offering is dynamic and first-class. Amalgamating the Bateleur Air Charter and flybateleur.com product with Federal Air is a logical step. This move allows us to combine our expertise, capacity and resources, and will further enhance our promise of continually raising the bar in aviation services, in order to deliver a unique and seamless air travel experience", say Troy Reiser, Managing Director of Federal Airlines.
Bateleur Air Charter will continue to operate the VIP charter arm of the business. New shareholder and Director of Operations, Evan Baillie, will lead the combined group in its operational capacity. "We have and continue to pride ourselves in offering an unparalleled VIP experience. We understand excellence and are fully cognisant of affordable rates that also buy exclusivity; and we will ensure that no changes will be noticeable to the end-user" says Evan Baillie.
The sharing of resources and expertise through the merger will create a one-stop aviation service provider, offering the entire spectrum of aviation and flight services. This will ultimately benefit the end-user, by providing an affordable, high quality travel experience, unmatched in the market. The combined fleet will provide the largest and most flexible aircraft fleet in Southern Africa, assuring customers unparalleled service and reliability.
A number of changes will be brought about by the merger including:
• The current Bateleur operations will relocate to the Federal Air hangar facility at O. R. Tambo International Airport by end April 2012, from which all flights will operate.
• All existing Charter bookings will continue as is and will be managed under the Bateleur Air Charter brand from the Federal Air offices in Johannesburg.
• Flybateleur.com, the daily air charter to Sabi Sand and Timbavati (operated by Bateleur), will be fully absorbed into the Federal Air service offering. Prices will remain unchanged in the short term; however the merger will result in increased capacity available on the route and efficiencies in the timetable options.
• Current confirmed Flybateleur.com bookings will be honoured, and will be operated by Federal Air from mid-April 2012.
• Federal Air's Scheduled Services will not be affected by the merger and will continue as current.
New bookings for all Shuttle and Scheduled services can be made directly with Federal Air at www.fedair.com or via their reservations office at email@example.com or +27 (0) 11 395 9000. Air Charter bookings can be made through the above contact details and through Bateleur Air Charter reservations at +27 (0) 11 395 9114 or email Gillian@bateleurcharter.co.za