Robertson Slow 2012July 17th, 2012
Start: 08/12/2012 - 00:00
End: 08/12/2012 - 23:59
At Robertson Slow, one can sample honest, old-fashioned, rural hospitality synonymous with the Robertson Wine Valley's winemaking community. Relish the slow food and wine that will satiate your senses and revel in the relaxed pace that will replenish your soul.
Robertson Slow is one of the most anticipated and intimate festivals of the year and the Robertson Wine Valley is looking to attract visitors yearning to experience the charm of country life in intimate settings characterised by each farm's unique personal touch. While enjoying time-honoured activities, visitors will have the opportunity to interact with winemakers and wine farmers in an informal ambience, getting to know them and their respective families.
Here are just a few of the many activities that can be enjoyed at Robertson Slow:
• Indulge in traditional cuisine, using local ingredients from the Valley
• Experience wine-tastings and dinners in the homes of the local wine-making families, savouring family recipes
• Admire the beauty of biodiversity with fynbos drives
• Learn how to make your own limoncello
• Master the art of blending your own wine
• Discover the fine art of beekeeping and making honey
• Try your hand at making pasta or gnocchi
• Treat yourself to an organic meal on an organic wine farm
• Enjoy a story-telling evening by pioneers of the Robertson Wine Valley
• Browse and shop at the Robertson Valley Regional Food Market leisure on Sunday 12 August
Robertson Slow may be focusing on the ‘slow' way of life, but don't be ‘slow' to book your place at some of the events which best represent your interpretation of the essence of country living. To avoid disappointment, events must be booked before Wednesday 8 August.
For more info contact: +27 023 626 3167 or firstname.lastname@example.org