Start: 11/23/2012 - 00:00
End: 12/03/2012 - 00:00
South Africa’s Madikwe and Sabi Sands private game reserves are home to a multiplicity of bird species, many localised and very unique in a southern-African and global context.
Birding specialist Martin Benadie will lead the safaris. Martin is an enthusiastic bird photographer so the outings are suited to those wanting to take time photographing these often frustrating subjects.
The birding safaris will take place at the Jacki's Lodge in Madikwe from 23 November to 26 November, and at the Cheetahs Plains in Sabi from 30 November to 3 December 2012.
Added benefits of the safaris include:
• Only the best months for birding will be offered
• The reserves have good mammal viewing and photographic opportunities as an adjunct to the birding.
• Participants will be given detailed bird and mammal species checklists which will be completed daily after dinner.
• A warm welcome and personalised, yet discreet hospitality.
• The opportunity to try out – and get advice on - Swarovski Optik binoculars and scopes in the field.